Well it’s been another crazy mad week for me with plenty of work and a little play thrown in for good measure, a night out with the momma bear, moving house, the vintage fair and probably much more I’ve forgotten!
As always I didn’t come away empty handed from the fair but I managed to restrain myself to just one purchase – a lovely cushion made by my friend Emily from vintage fabric which matches the colour scheme in my new room.
Anyone in Redditch should definitely pop down to the fair on Saturdays 10-4 as it’s amazing. Not only have you got Forever Vintage – Emily’s range of beautiful cushions, tea sets and cake stands – but there’s also some fab vintage clothes and homeware.
One should either be a work of art or wear a work of art.
– Oscar Wilde.
Just some thoughts:
Spencer’s new haircut = we like. It actually (and it disgusts me to write these words) makes him a little bit fanciable. His new div of a mate (Jamie was it – the one who looks like Gordon Ramsay anyway) is an idiot, his crestfallen look when he was taken to task by his bank manager for going on three holidays in a month was priceless.
Hugo is being a bit of an idiot, as annoying as Millie is that new one looks like her lips have been a bit too close to the end of a Dyson when it’s been turned on. Also she needs to close her mouth when listening to other people to try and make herself look a little less dense.
I miss Caggie! So glad she’s coming back next episode as she blatantly makes the show and I also want to see what happens between her and Spencer when she comes back. People like Rosie and Amber are just plain annoying compared to her, definitely the best girl!
New girl (and Topshop heiress) Chloe seems alright and completely into Ollie but he is still as annoying as ever with Pinky and Perky always hovering in the background as if they’re afraid to let him doing anything, even as simple as having some toast, without them.
Obviously the most hilarious thing about it all is the awkward stares they do at the end of every conversation.
Still, with MIC back on our screens now and TOWIE set to return on Sunday I’m well and truly happy!
Just thought I’d do a little post about the stuff I got from Redditch Vintage Fair and Cow Vintage this weekend:
Never say goodbye because saying goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.
If you don’t become lost you won’t find anything new.
On Friday night I got the chance to go and see Dolly Parton live at the LG Arena in Birmingham. Now I realise I have alienated a bunch of people right there – but for every person who pulled the ‘really, what the hell?’ face when I told them, there were ten who were begging to come with me. As it was, after many years of requesting 9 to 5 whenever we go out, my best friend Manda was the chosen +1.
To say we were excited on Friday would be an understatement, we were beside ourselves – especially when we got in the car to drive there. By the time we got to the car park and joined the mass of people walking towards the arena (mostly in cowboy hats and checked shirts!) we were immensely buzzed. We had pretty good seats we thought, being pretty much in line with the front of the stage at the side, but a lot of people around us were complaining to the stewards which was a little annoying as it distracted us a little from the show.
She didn’t have a support so she came on stage at 8 to a deafening wave of screams, shouts and claps and then proceeded to entertain for about three hours, only stopping for a 20 minute interval. To say this lady has talented is completely underestimating it. She was immense. Hands down the best person I’ve ever been to see live. There was EVERYTHING in the show – from the classic Dolly songs like Jolene to covers of the Beatles’ Help, Walking On Sunshine, a bluegrass section, she even did a rap at one point. The contrast between her singing an acapella version of Little Sparrow which had the whole audience silenced in awe to her belting out classic tunes while dancing all round the stage like someone half her age was immense.
Just to have that stamina is pretty amazing, considering she’s 65. And as Manda put it in the interval ‘If I had legs like that at her age I’d be pretty happy.’ You got the whole package with her, from the many different instruments she brought out to play (all sparkly naturally) to the anecdotes and jokes in between the songs, we were all laughing away as she cracked one liners about herself, Whitney Houston and of course the famous boobs.
So it’s fair to say when it was nearing the end we were really on a high but the best bit for me came when every single person got on their feet to have a little dance and sing along to Here You Come Again followed by Islands In The Stream followed by my fave 9 to 5. She then disappeared for a minute to be buttoned into a sparkly coat and came back on to sing another chorus of 9 to 5 and then belt out I Will Always Love You.
And then we had to go home, wishing we could go again but safe in the knowledge we would always have our memories (and our amazing Dolly t-shirts).
Little girls. They could melt the toughest hearts.
– Nicholas Sparks.
1. Very cheap little dollies from Primark but my other ones are falling apart and I thought these were a cute colour.
2. Again a Primark special but v.good for the winter I feel is just around the corner.
3. Little scarf/pashmina things. They were only a POUND each from this weird little shop in my home town. Lovely for putting round your shoulders like a granny at work 🙂
4. Comfiest jumper ever from H&M! I am definitely getting myself prepared for some harsh weather.
5. Yes, yes, these do look like pyjamas but they are in fact harem trousers from the aforementioned little weird shop where the music was too loud!
1. Thought it was high time I bought new Barry M nailvarnishes as I haven’t had any for…ooh…at least a month. Went with these two as I kinda like the idea of having grey nails with some silver rings on. And the other colour is a little more cherry like than my purple ones.
2. I love these booties from New Look! Very similar to my other little ones in this post but a wedge heel. Feel they will be getting a lot of wear at work.
3. They have so many leopard print scarves in Cow at the moment, I was literally in heaven. But went for this one as it’s black and white so a little different to my others. You can never have too much leopard print right?
4. This scarf is my favourite new thing ever. I’m going to post about the Redditch Vintage Fair soon as I had my first experience there last week and absolutely love it. But this is from there anyway, I spotted it and loved it and then I realised it had loads of little Hs and some big Hs on it so it HAD to be mine. Also got a grey leopard print jacket from there which I love but haven’t got with me in the homeland to take a picture of 🙂
5. Plain over the knee socks from Primark, they might be going with my playsuit for a night out on Saturday.
6. This is from Cow and I kinda fell in love with it and felt I could give it a new home 🙂